Sunday, June 14, 2009

Best Male Voices In Music

I recently asked wifey who she thinks has the best male voice in music. Unfortunately, the name she gave escapes me right now but I think one of the singers she mentioned that should be on her list was that of Ricky Braddy. Yes, Ricky, one of the "rejects" of American Idol season 8. I'm sure not a lot of us remember him from the show. Maybe it was his bland personality, plain looks or the producers of the show just didn't give him enough air time. But despite all that, there's no denying that the guy has the vocal chops to make it in the business, the guy can really sing. I, for one, like his song "Love Me Like L.A." It's a painful ballad and Ricky's voice soars on this one. For those of you who don't know the song but would love to find out what I'm talking about, here's the link to the MP3 download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wnmjjgyjhhy

But if I were to pick who my best male voices are right now, I'd go for three guys I'm about 95% sure you've never heard of. But believe me when I say - they are THAT good. These are the voices I'd definitely want to be mine if ever voice transplant becomes a reality. And the awards go to: (in no particluar order)

John Pagano


His renditions of standards on his "Pure Imagination" CD is a joy to listen to. Every song in the album is given justice by John's vocals. Amazing.


Michael O' Brien


Also a gifted songwriter, Michael's CD "Something About Us" is a love letter to his wife. I must admit that his voice on his earlier CDs were fuller, but his rendition of "November's Kiss" on this album will tear at your heartstrings. Simply beautiful. Did I mention his songs were the ones we used for our wedding video? ;-)


Steven Santoro


I have yet to order Steven's CD on cdbaby.com but hearing and seeing his youtube video of "I'll Be Here" puts him on my list of wonderful voices.

Go ahead, listen to them in Amazon and tell me if I'm wrong. ;-)

2 comments:

MarkD60 said...

I think the guy from Foreigner has a great voice

Glowee said...

hi jojo.. love ur blog and nina's too... have u heard of jeff caylor? He's good.. listen to his song, 15 minutes away... :)