Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hanoi - A Photo Travelogue (Part 1)


I thought they were exaggerating when they said crossing the streets of Vietnam is like playing a deadly game of "patintero".  They weren't.  



There's so much color in this city.  I love it!
 
Hoan Kiem Lake
Saw this visually impaired man selling incense near the lake.  There was so much character in his face I couldn't help but shoot away from every conceivable angle.
This has got to be one of the most stunning buildings I've ever seen in all our travels.
St. Joseph's Cathedral and its neo-gothic style.
The Vietnamese people absolutely love their former communist revolutionary leader.  The day we visited his mausoleum, we had to endure a kilometer-long queue just for a quick glance (about 5 seconds literally) at his preserved body.
The Paloma - our ride in Halong Bay
There's something about abandoned floating vessels that compel me to whip out my camera for a quick photo session.  If I remember correctly, I shot this using a very fast shutter speed to make the image appear darker than it really is.
Breathtaking Halong Bay





No comments: